Wednesday 11 January 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Skansi and Karl Habsburg-Lothringen.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Wonderland By Night by Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra.
In UK Poetry In Motion by Johnny Tillotson was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Boys Are, directed by Henry Levin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony and the Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kleine Stadt - ganz groß.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1961!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1961 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Paul Skansi: NFL wide receiver (Seattle Seahawks).
- Karl Habsburg-Lothringen: Prince of Austria and Prince Royal of Hungary.
- Albert Dupontel: French actor and film director, he began his career as humourist and performed on stage in his one-man-show.
- Louis Langrée: French conductor, who has been music director of the Orchestre de Picardie (1993–1998), the Opéra National de Lyon (1998–2000), Glyndebourne Touring Opera (1998–2003), and the Orchestre Philharmonique de Liège (2001–2006), and conductor at the Vienna State Opera (2010), and principal conductor of the Camerata Salzburg (2011-).
- Karl Von Habsburg: Austrian politician, and the current Head of the House of Habsburg, and the Sovereign (i.
- Jasper Fforde: English author
- Eva O: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Christian Death Shadow Project and Super Heroines)
- Lars-Erik Torph: Swedish race car driver (d. 1989)
- Elena Gerhardt: German mezzo-soprano singer (Born 1883).
- Racial riot at University of Georgia, USA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow?
- Bobby Vee - Rubber Ball
- Rosie - Angel Baby
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Ray Peterson - Corinna, Corinna
- Johnny Burnette - You're Sixteen
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?