Tuesday 11 January 1977
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to You Make Me Feel Like Dancing by Leo Sayer.
In UK Don't Give Up On Us by David Soul was in the top 5 hits.
The Sentinel, directed by Michael Winner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien and Christopher Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1977!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1977 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Shamari Buchanan: American football player.
- Anni Friesinger-Postma: German speed skater.
- Olexiy Lukashevych: Ukrainian long jumper.
- Shomari Buchanan: American football player.
- Jérôme Kerviel: French trader, allegedly at the center of a huge financial scandal at one of France's largest investment banks.
- Nadia Turner: American singer
- Cubs trade outfielder Rick Monday to Dodgers for Bill Buckner
- France releases Abu Daoud, a Palestinian suspected of involvement in the massacre of Israeli athletes at the 1972 Munich Olympics.
- Bollingen Prize awarded to David Ignatow.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Rose Royce - Car Wash
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- Brick - Dazz
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
- The Sylvers - Hot Line
- Engelbert Humperdinck - After The Lovin'
- Burton Cummings - Stand Tall
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?