Sunday 11 January 1981
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Meighan and Jamelia .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon.
In UK Imagine by John Lennon was in the top 5 hits.
Scanners, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hill Street Blues.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battle of Atlantis or Black Hole.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1981!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1981 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
Famous Birthdays:11 January
- Beulah Bondi: American actress (Born 1888).
- Tintypes closes at John Golden Theater NYC after 93 performances
- British team led by Ranulph Fiennes completes longest and fastest crossing of Antarctica, reaching Scott base after 75 days (2,500 miles).
- Palau adopts constitution.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 January 1981
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?