Monday 11 January 1982
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK The Land Of Make Believe by Bucks Fizz was in the top 5 hits.
Neighbors, directed by John G. Avildsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while E.T., The Extra-terrestrial by William Kotzwinkle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1982.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1982!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1982 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Tony Allen: American basketball player.
- Ashley Dawson: Soap Opera Actor.
- Ashley Taylor Dawson: British actor and singer.
- Son Ye-jin: South Korean actress.
- Honduras adopts constitution.
- (to January 17) A brutal cold snap sends temperatures to all-time record lows in dozens of cities throughout the Midwestern United States.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)
- The J. Geils Band - Centerfold
- Quarterflash - Harden My Heart
- Stevie Nicks - Leather And Lace
- George Benson - Turn Your Love Around
- Lindsey Buckingham - Trouble
- Juice Newton - The Sweetest Thing (I've Ever Known)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?