Wednesday 11 January 1984
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Say Say Say by Paul McCartney.
In UK Pipes Of Peace by Paul McCartney was in the top 5 hits.
Silkwood, directed by Mike Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Strau was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1984.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1984!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1984 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Kevin Boss: American football player.
- Dario Krešić: Croatian footballer.
- Matt Mullenweg: American web developer and businessman co-created WordPress.
- STS 41-B vehicle moves to launch pad
- Denver Nuggets 163, San Antonio Spurs 155-highest-scoring NBA game.
- US Supreme Court reinstates US$10 million award to Karen Silkwood's family.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Say Say Say
- Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Say It Isn't So
- Duran Duran - Union Of The Snake
- Olivia Newton-John - Twist Of Fate
- The Romantics - Talking In Your Sleep
- Matthew Wilder - Break My Stride
- Elton John - I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues
- Culture Club - Karma Chameleon
- Lionel Richie - Running With The Night
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?