Monday 11 January 1993
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston.
Alive, directed by Frank Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1993!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1993 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Lil Twist: Rapper.
- Michael Keane: English footballer.
- Will Keane: English footballer.
- Flora Cross: American actress.
- Lacey Fosburgh: Author (Closing Time), dies of breast cancer at 50.
- Independent Presidential Candidate Ross Perot publicly returns to politics
- American independent presidential candidate Ross Perot publicly returns to politics.
- WWF Monday Night Raw premieres on the USA Network and continues to this day.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Boyz II Men - In The Still Of The Nite (I'll Remember)
- Shanice - Saving Forever For You
- Snap! - Rhythm Is A Dancer
- Madonna - Deeper And Deeper
- Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
- Shai - If I Ever Fall In Love
- Wreckx-N-Effect - Rump Shaker
- PM Dawn - I'd Die Without You
- Bobby Brown - Good Enough
- TLC - What About Your Friends
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 January 1993 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?