Thursday 11 January 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Maria Bamford Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bleach: Dark Souls or Cars Mater-National Championship.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 11 January 2007 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 January
- China conducts the first successful anti-satellite missile test of any nation since 1985.
- Liberal MP Jean Lapierre resigns from the Canadian House of Commons. Justin Trudeau is likely to be the Liberals' candidate in the next election in the Outremont riding. (London Free Press)
- 2006–2007 Bangladeshi political crisis: Bangladesh President Iajuddin Ahmed steps down as interim leader just hours after declaring a state of emergency and a curfew in the country. (BBC)
- Austria's new government is sworn in under Chancellor Alfred Gusenbauer (SPÖ) and Vice-Chancellor Wilhelm Molterer (ÖVP). (The International Herald Tribune)
- War in Somalia: A top U.S. official says that he believes the airstrike in Somalia on the previous day failed to kill the al-Qaeda suspects they targeted. (BBC)
- In the ongoing Operation Mountain Fury, NATO forces kill as many as 150 Taliban militants in Afghanistan's Paktika province. (BBC)
- The U.S. Defense Department reports that United States Department of Defense contractors, while traveling through Canada, have had Canadian coins with radio transmitters inside planted on them by unknown people. The transmitters could be used to track the locations of the contractors. (The Associated Press)
- Pieces of wreckage and a body are recovered from the missing Adam Air flight 574. (The Daily Telegraph)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 January 2007
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
- Leona Lewis - A Moment Like This
- T2 featuring Jodie Aysha - Heartbroken
- Eric Prydz vs Floyd - Proper Education
- Mika - Grace Kelly
- Take That - Rule The World
- Take That - Patience
- Timbaland featuring One Republic - Apologize
- U2 - Window In The Skies
- Girls Aloud - Call The Shots
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?