Saturday 11 July 1903
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Pica, pica Compadrito, directed by Eugene Py, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1903.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1903!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1903 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1903 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Come Down, Ma Ev'ning Star - Henry Burr
- In the City of Sighs and Tears - J.W. Myers
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1903?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?