Saturday 11 July 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The King of the Beggars, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1914 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Ahti Sonninen: Composer.
- Tommy Bartlett: American owner of Water Ski Shows International, a touring entertainment extravaganza.
- Jacques Castelot: French film actor who appeared in 86 films between 1938 and 1982.
- Anibal Troilo: Argentine tango musician.
- Julius Rodenberg [Levy]: German writer (Die Deutsche Rundschau).
- Babe Ruth debuts as a pitcher for Boston Red Sox, he beats Cleveland 4-3
- Baseball legend Babe Ruth makes his major league debut with the Red Sox.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Fascination - Prince's Orchestra
- This is the Life - Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?