Saturday 11 July 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The King of the Beggars, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1914 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Ahti Sonninen: Composer.
- Tommy Bartlett: American owner of Water Ski Shows International, a touring entertainment extravaganza.
- Jacques Castelot: French film actor who appeared in 86 films between 1938 and 1982.
- Anibal Troilo: Argentine tango musician.
- Julius Rodenberg [Levy]: German writer (Die Deutsche Rundschau).
- Babe Ruth debuts as a pitcher for Boston Red Sox, he beats Cleveland 4-3
- Baseball legend Babe Ruth makes his major league debut with the Red Sox.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Fascination - Prince's Orchestra
- This is the Life - Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?