Tuesday 11 July 1916
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Flirting with Fate, directed by Christy Cabanne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1916!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1916 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Howard Brubeck: Composer.
- Gough Whitlam: Australian politician who joined the ALP in 1945 and on 11/29/1952, won the federal seat of Werriwa.
- Alexander Prokhorov: Australian-Russian physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2002).
- Reg Varney: English actor and screenwriter (d. 2008).
- Rik Wouters: Belgian painter and sculptor, the leading Belgian exponent of Fauvism.
- 1st federal grant-in-aid for state roads enacted
- Congress passes Federal Aid Road Act
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Birds in the Night (A Lullaby) - Sophie Braslau
- All I Want is a Cottage, Some Roses, and You - Geoffrey O'Hara
- Yaaka Hula Hickey Dula - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- That Hula Hula - Charles King & Elizabeth Brice
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?