Monday 11 July 1921
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
The Conquering Power, directed by Rex Ingram, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1921!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1921 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Paul Chichet: Vernet les Bains EXecutives.
- Ilse Werner: Dutch-German actress and singer (d. 2005).
- Luigi Casola: Italy sport Champion.
- Gabriel Lippmann: French physicist, dies at 75.
- Mongolia gains independence from China (National Day).
- A truce is called in the Irish War of Independence; see Irish calendar.
- The Red Army captures Mongolia from the White Army and establishes the Mongolian People's Republic.
- Former U.S. President William Howard Taft is sworn in as 10th Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, becoming the only person to ever be both President and Chief Justice.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1921 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- You Can't Keep a Good Man Down - Mamie Smith & Her Jazz Hounds
- Scandanavia - Al Jolson
- Whip-Poor-Will - Look for the Silver Lining (Medley) - Vernon Country Club Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1921?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?