Saturday 11 July 1925
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Pretty Ladies, directed by Monta Bell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1925.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1925!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1925 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Jean-Henri Soutoul: N?mes physician.
- Bertrand La Rocque De Severac: B?thune EXecutives.
- Charles Chaynes: Toulouse Musician.
- Nicolai Gedda: Stockholm, Sweden -- Opera tenor (Opera Two to Six).
- Peter Kyros: American lawyer and politician (d. 2012).
- Sid Smith: Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 2004)
- Mattiwilda Dobbs: American opera singer, an internationally known coloratura soprano. After voice study from 1946, she won many awards in her field. Dobbs was the first black opera singer to perform in a major role at La Scala, 3/04/1953. She made world tours and a Met debut in 1956.
- Joseph De Feyter: Belgium sport Champion
- Paul Bertrand: French Catholic bishop, the Bishop Emeritus of Mende since 2001.
- Jean Deflassieux: French banker, who spent his entire career at Crédit Lyonnais, a historic French bank. He joined the bank in 1948 and served as its president from 1982 to 1986.
- Queen Wilhelmina names H Colijn head of government
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tell Her in the Springtime - Grace Moore (Rosario Bourdon's Orchestra)
- Louise Homer - America the Beautiful
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?