Sunday 11 July 1926
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick Wymark and Ralph D Abernathy.
The Son of the Sheik, directed by Geo. Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1926 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Patrick Wymark: Cleethorpes, England -- Actor (Skull, Tomb of Ligeia).
- Ralph D Abernathy: United States -- President (SCLC).
- Rodolfo Arizaga: Composer.
- Frederick Buechner: American minister theologian and author.
- Gertrude M L Bell: British archaeologist (Desert & Sown), dies at 57.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mary Lou - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- There's a Blue Ridge in My Heart, Virginia - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- Sugar - Ethel Waters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?