Sunday 11 July 1926
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Son of the Sheik, directed by Geo. Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1926 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Patrick Wymark: Cleethorpes, England -- Actor (Skull, Tomb of Ligeia).
- Ralph D Abernathy: United States -- President (SCLC).
- Rodolfo Arizaga: Composer.
- Frederick Buechner: American minister theologian and author.
- Gertrude M L Bell: British archaeologist (Desert & Sown), dies at 57.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mary Lou - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- There's a Blue Ridge in My Heart, Virginia - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- Sugar - Ethel Waters
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?