Thursday 11 July 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
High Voltage, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1929 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Hermann Prey: German singer, a baritone, who performed in opera and light opera.
- Danny Flores: singer-songwriter and saxophonist (The Champs) (d. 2006).
- Chuck Rio: Musician (d. 2006).
- David Kelly: Movie Actor.
- Billy Mosforth: English footballer (Born 1857).
- In Russia, a secret decree of the Sovnarkom creates the backbone of the Gulag system.
- French prime minister Raymond Poincaré resigns he is succeeded by Aristide Briand.
- The Kellogg-Briand Pact, renouncing war as an instrument of foreign policy, goes into effect (it was first signed in Paris on August 27, 1928 by most leading world powers).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?