Friday 11 July 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gregory C Bell and Giorgio Ghezzi.
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1930 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Gregory C Bell: Terre Haute, Indiana -- Long jumper (1956 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Giorgio Ghezzi: Italian soccer player, nicknamed Kamikaze.
- André Geraud: Rodez Journalist.
- Harold Bloom: American literary critic.
- Trevor Storer: English businessman founded Pukka Pies (d. 2013).
- Bradman scores 309 in a day vs. England at Leeds, goes on to 334
- Australian cricketer Don Bradman scores a world record 309 runs in one day, on his way to the highest individual Test innings of 334, during a Test match against England.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?