Saturday 11 July 1931
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hans Klein and Herman de Vries.
Night Nurse, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1931!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1931 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Hans Klein: Politician.
- Herman de Vries: Dutch sculptor.
- Thurston Harris in Indianapolis: Indiana, USA; vocalist ("Little Bitty Pretty One").
- Bejan Daruwalla: Popular Indian astrologer, also served as a professor of English in Ahmedabad.
- Tab Hunter: Tab Hunter is an American actor, singer, and author who has starred in over 40 films.
- Christiane Minazzoli: French actress who died on 2 November 2014 in Paris.
- Tullio Regge: Italian physicist and author. He discovered new symmetries of Racan and Clebsch Gordan coefficients.
- Henri Luyten: Belgium sport Champion
- Dick Gray: American baseball player (d. 2013)
- Thurston Harris: American singer (Born 1931)
- New York Giants beat Philadelphia Phillies 23-8.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?