Saturday 11 July 1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ruth Dewey .
The Devil-Doll, directed by Lionel Barrymore, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1936!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1936 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Ruth Dewey: American astrologer, a cosmobiologist.
- James Murray: Scottish member of the diplomatic service who was Ambassador to Romania in 1964 and was noted for posts that included San Francisco, Washington DC, Singapore, Prague, Karachi and Lisbon.
- Triborough Bridge linking Manhattan, Bronx and Queens opens.
- The Triborough Bridge in New York City is opened to traffic.
- Triborough Bridge in New York City is opened to traffic.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?