Thursday 11 July 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
All This, and Heaven Too, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1940 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Rafael Martinez: Horse trainer.
- Terry Patchett: Politician.
- Yvon Charbonneau: French Canadian union leader and politician.
- Jacques Revaux: French songwriter most famous for his 1968 collaboration with singer Claude François on the song "Comme d'habitude" that singer-songwriter Paul Anka reworked into the English language as "My Way".
- British and German dogfight above Lyme Bay
- World War II: Vichy France regime is formally established. Henri Philippe Petain becomes Prime Minister of France.
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?