Tuesday 11 July 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1944 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Bill Boggs in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; TV host/producer (Midday, Morton Downey Jr Show).
- Peter de Savary: English financier / multi-millionaire.
- Myra Gale Brown: former wife of cousin, Jerry Lee Lewis.
- Michael Levy: Baron Levy English philanthropist.
- Patricia Polacco: Children's Author.
- Lou Hudson: American basketball player, 1966.
- Wolfgang Redlich: German major / pilot, dies in battle.
- 12th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 7-1 at Forbes Field, Pittsburgh
- FDR says he would run for a 4th term
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?