Thursday 11 July 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
A Stolen Life, directed by Curtis Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1946!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1946 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Edward J Markey: (Rep-D-Massachusetts, 1976- ).
- Cuthbert Johnson: Benedictine abbot.
- Patrice Caratini: French double bass player, jazz composer and conductor.
- Dick Cunningham: American athlete, a pro basketball player, he was drafted into the National Basketball Association by the Milwaukee Bucks in 1968.
- Bill Boggs: American journalist and producer.
- Beverly Todd: Ohio, United States -- Actress (Roots, Having Babies, Redd Foxx Show)
- Martin Wong: American painter (d. 1999)
- Kingman Douglass, ends term as Deputy Director of CIA
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Stone Cold Dead in the Market (He Had It Coming) - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan
- Gene Krupa & His Orchestra - Boogie Blues
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?