Friday 11 July 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anne-Marie Comparini and Paul Riley.
Cry Wolf, directed by Peter Godfrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Borden Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1947 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Anne-Marie Comparini: French politician, a former Member of Parliament and a former President of the Rhône-Alpes Regional Council.
- Paul Riley: American probable suicide and firefighter, a respected veteran of Brockton, Massachusetts fire department.
- John Holt: Jamaican singer-songwriter (The Paragons) (d. 2014).
- Norman Lebrecht: English author and critic.
- Bo Lundgren: Swedish politician.
- The Exodus 1947 heads to Palestine from France.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tallahassee - Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters
- Smoke! Smoke! Smoke! (That Cigarette) - Tex Williams & The Western Caravan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?