Tuesday 11 July 1950
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Winchester '73, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1950 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Anne Zamberlan: French actress, writer and designer.
- Jorma Takala: Finnish professional criminal, a thief who robbed a bank and took two hostages, 8 August 1986.
- J R Morgan: British classical scholar.
- Pervez Hoodbhoy: Pakistani physicist and academic.
- Bruce McGill: American actor.
- Timotei Popovici: Composer, dies at 79.
- 17th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 4-3 in 14 at Comiskey Park, Chicago Ted Williams breaks his elbow; 1st extra inning All Star Game
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?