Saturday 11 July 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Band Wagon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Dark Angel by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1953!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1953 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Patrick Stefanini: French senior official, who served as prefect of the Aquitaine region, prefect of the zone defense and security Southwest, and prefect of the Gironde, 7 April 2011 to 25 July 2012.
- Mindy Sterling: American actress.
- Samuel Russell Hinds: pitcher for the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu: member of the 14th Lok Sabha of India.
- Angelica Aragon: Mexican actress.
- Maureen Cathryn Harriet ''Cats'' Falck: Swedish television journalist
- Patricia Reyes Spindola: Mexican actress, director and producer
- Piyasvasti Amranand: Thai businessman and politician Thai Minister of Energy
- Angélica Aragón: Mexican actress
- Peter Brown: American singer, songwriter and producer
- Suresh Prabhu: Indian accountant and politician Indian Minister of Railways
- Wu Shu-chen: wife of former President Chen Shui-bian of the Republic of China
- Patricia Spíndola: Mexican actress director and producer
- Leon Spinks: American boxer
- Ivan Toms: South African physician and activist (d. 2008)
- Bramwell Tovey: English-Canadian conductor and composer
- Paul Weiland: is an English motion picture and television director
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?