Sunday 11 July 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Benny Defranco and Paolo Beldì.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Malta Story, directed by Brian Desmond Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Whistler.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1954 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Benny Defranco: Rocker (Defrnco Family).
- Paolo Beldì: Italian director.
- Julia King: English engineer and academic.
- Butch Reed: American professional wrestler.
- 1st White Citizens Council organizes in Indianola, Mississippi
- First White Citizens Council organizes in Indianola, Mississippi.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?