Thursday 11 July 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Easier Said Than Done by The Essex.
In UK I Like It by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
The Thrill of It All, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Grandmother And The Priests by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1963!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1963 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Lisa Rinna: Soap Opera Actress.
- Al MacInnis: Inverness, Nova Scotia -- NHL defenseman (Team Canada, St. Louis).
- Dean Richards: English rugby player and coach.
- South-African ANC Walter Sisulu / Andrew Mlangeni / Govan Mbeki arrested
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?