Tuesday 11 July 1967
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Windy by The Association.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
The Dirty Dozen, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1967!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1967 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Jeff Corwin: American naturalist and TV personality, he is the executive producer and host of cable TV’s "The Jeff Corwin Experience," which premiered in 2000 on the Animal Planet Network, Corwin has long been interested in environmental studies.
- John Henson: Comedian.
- Andy Ashby: Kansas City, Missouri -- Pitcher (San Diego Padres).
- Jhumpa Lahiri: English-American author and academic.
- Donne Wall: Potosi, Missouri -- Pitcher (Houston Astros).
- Monique Ewange-Epée: French-Martinican track and field athlete, she competed in the 100m hurdles and was European Champion in 1990.
- Guy Favreau: Canadian lawyer judge and politician 28th Canadian Minister of Justice (d. 1967).
- 38th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 2-1 in 15 at Anaheim Stadium, California
- All star MVP: Tony Perez (Cin Reds)
- Kenny Rogers forms 1st Edition
- In Denver, Colorado, USA a building is struck by a falling meteorite.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Windy
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)
- Petula Clark - Don't Sleep In The Subway
- Every Mothers' Son - Come On Down To My Boat
- The 5th Dimension - Up-Up And Away
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- The 4 Seasons - C'mon Marianne
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?