Tuesday 11 July 1972
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jerrott Willard and Joe Johnson.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Lean On Me by Bill Withers.
In UK Puppy Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Joe Kidd, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tegtmeiers Reisen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1972!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1972 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Jerrott Willard: NFL linebacker (KC Chiefs).
- Joe Johnson: NFL defensive end (NO Saints).
- Ken Irvin: NFL cornerback (Buffalo Bills).
- Steven Richards: Australian racing driver.
- Jussi 69: Finnish musician (The 69 Eyes).
- Cormac Battle: English-Irish singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Kerbdog and Wilt)
- Michael Rosenbaum: American actor director and producer
- The first game of the World Chess Championship 1972 between challenger Bobby Fischer and defending champion Boris Spassky starts.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Elton John - Rocket Man
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- Roberta Flack - Where Is The Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?