Friday 11 July 1975
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dawn Piepenbrink and Ruben Baraja.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Love Will Keep Us Together by The Captain and Tennille.
In UK Whispering Grass by Windsor Davies & Don Estelle was in the top 5 hits.
Anita: Swedish Nymphet, directed by Torgny Wickman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while The Moneychangers by Arthur Hailey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kommissariat IX.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Anti-Aircraft or Destruction Derby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1975!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1975 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Dawn Piepenbrink: wildrose, Wisconsin -- Pairs skater (with Nick Castaneda).
- Ruben Baraja: Spanish footballer.
- Samer el Nahhal: Finnish musician (Lordi).
- Nadya Suleman: American mother of fourteen children, all born via in vitro fertilization and implantation.
- OX : Finnish bass player (Lordi).
- Bridgette Andersen: American actress (Born 1975)
- Willie Anderson: American football player
- Rubén Baraja: Spanish footballer and manager
- Riona Hazuki: Japanese actress
- Lil' Kim: American rapper producer and actress (Junior M.A.F.I.A.)
- Kurt Pinthus: Writer, dies at 89.
- Chinese archeologists discover a 3-acre burial site with 6,000 clay statues of warriors dating as early as 221 BC
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 July 1975
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Captain and Tennille - Love Will Keep Us Together
- Van McCoy - The Hustle
- Wings - Listen To What The Man Said
- Michael Murphey - Wildfire
- Pilot - Magic
- Olivia Newton-John - Please Mr. Please
- Eagles - One Of These Nights
- Frankie Valli - Swearin' To God
- Linda Ronstadt - When Will I Be Loved
- 10cc - I'm Not In Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?