Sunday 11 July 1982
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Don't You Want Me by The Human League.
In UK Fame by Irene Cara was in the top 5 hits.
A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1982.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1982!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1982 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Guillaume Néry: French freediver, he was coached by Loic Leferme.
- Lil' Zane: American rapper.
- Chris Cooley: American football player.
- Lil Zane: American rapper and actor.
- Ryoji Morimoto: Japanese actor.
- 7 Brides for 7 Brothers closes at Alvin Theater NYC after 5 performances
- 3rd US Seniors Golf Open: Miller Barber
- Hollis Stacy wins West Virginia LPGA Golf Classic
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?