Monday 11 July 1983
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kelly Poon and Evan Roberts.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Every Breath You Take by The Police.
In UK Baby Jane by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Zelig, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Return Of The Jedi by Joan D. Vinge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fun to Imagine.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chase the Chuck Wagon or Crystal Castles.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1983!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1983 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Kelly Poon: Singaporean singer.
- Evan Roberts: American radio broadcaster.
- Jonathan Wessner: American homicide victim; the 20-year-old golf course worker was last seen leaving a party on the morning of September 20, 2003.
- Engin Baytar: German-Turkish footballer.
- Peter Cincotti: American singer-songwriter and pianist.
- Lorraine Elizabeth Downes, 19, of New Zealand, crowned 32nd Miss Universe
- A Boeing 727 crashes into hilly terrain after a tail strike in Cuenca, Ecuador, claiming 119 lives.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go
- Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
- The Kinks - Come Dancing
- Kajagoogoo - Too Shy
- Madness - Our House
- Duran Duran - Is There Something I Should Know
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?