Wednesday 11 July 1990
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Step By Step by New Kids On The Block.
In UK Sacrifice / Healing Hands by Elton John was in the top 5 hits.
Arachnophobia, directed by Frank Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Burden Of Proof by Scott Turow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1990.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1990!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1990 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Bryan Sammis: Drummer.
- Caroline Wozniacki: Danish tennis player.
- Connor Paolo: American actor.
- Katie Wilson: YouTube Star.
- Awesome Alanna: YouTube Star.
- Patrick Peterson: Football Player
- Mona Barthel: German tennis player
- George Craig: English singer-songwriter and model (One Night Only)
- Adam Jezierski: Polish-Spanish actor and singer
- Kelsey Sanders: American actress and singer (The Stunners)
- Courtney Thorpe: Australian actress model TV Host and a former Miss World Australia
- Onno Molenkamp: Dutch actor (Ciske the Rat, Lifespan), dies at 67.
- New York City police arrest "Dartman" (stabbed over 50 women with darts).
- Oka Crisis: First Nations land dispute in Quebec, Canada begins.
- Terrorist act in Azerbaijan. Armenian terrorists blow up passenger bus moving from Kelbecer to Tartar. 14 people are killed, 35 were wounded.ref name=quotsupremecourt.gov.azquot Terrorist and Sabotage Acts Committed in the Territory of Azerbaijan
- President of Nicaragua Violeta Chamorro agrees to wage hikes and other concessions to end a pro-Sandanista strike begun on July 2.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?