Saturday 11 July 1998
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include PrivateFearless .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Boy Is Mine by Brandy & Monica.
In UK C'est La Vie by B*Witched was in the top 5 hits.
The Mask of Zorro, directed by Martin Campbell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1998
while Unnatural Exposure by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Wars: Rogue Squadron or Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1998.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1998!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1998 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1998 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?