Sunday 11 July 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
Inception, directed by Christopher Nolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 2010!
Which were the important events of 11 July 2010 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 July
- The DPJ-led ruling coalition loses its majority in the upper house of the Diet of Japan. (Ahasi)
- Libyan ship, , carrying activists and 2,000 tonnes of food and medicine to Gaza, is met with a cold response by Israel which launches intense efforts to prevent it reaching its destination. (''The Guardian'')
- Ten Colombian soldiers are killed after entering a minefield while pursuing FARC rebels trying to blow up electrical towers. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Liberian deputy parliamentary speaker Togba Mulbah is released after briefly being held under house arrest in Monrovia for allegedly ordering the beating unconscious of a policeman. (BBC)
- Police in northern Eleuthera, The Bahamas, capture Colton Harris-Moore, a 19-year-old fugitive known in the United States as the ampquotBarefoot Banditampquot. (AP via ''The Washington Post'')
- Spanish film-maker Augusti Vila wins the main prize at the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival in the Czech Republic for his film ''The Mosquito Net''. (''The Independent'')
- A total solar eclipse occurs in the south Pacific Ocean with thousands viewing the event on Easter Island. (BBC News)
- Nelson Mandela attends the closing ceremony after ampquotextreme pressureampquot from FIFA. (Aljazeera)
- World women's 800 metres champion Caster Semenya is left out of South Africa's team for the upcoming African Championships. (''The Star'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?