Wednesday 11 June 1913
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Battle of Gettysburg, directed by Charles Giblyn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1913.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1913!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1913 ?
- Jose Caballero: Spanish painter.
- John Elliott Terry: Managing director (National Film Finance Corp).
- Risë Stevens: American soprano and actress (d. 2013).
- Coby Whitmore: American painter and magazine illustrator (Born 1913).
- Roger Frey: French politician.
- Rise Stevens: American opera singer, a mezzo-soprano for four decades. She debuted in Prague as "Mignon," 1938, joining the Met the same year. Doing radio, TV and films, her work included "Going My Way" and UFO tours. At the young and tender age of 18, she sang her first role ever while at Juilliard.
- Vince Lombardi: Football coach (Packers), dies at 57 in Washington, DC
- Machmud Shevket Pasha: Turks grand vizier, murdered.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1913 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Goodbye, Boys - Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?