Monday 11 June 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jan Fransen and Maren Seidler.
Ace in the Hole, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Racket Squad.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1951!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1951 ?
- Jan Fransen: Dutch MP (VVD).
- Maren Seidler: Brooklyn, New York -- Shot putter (1968 Olympics - 11th Place).
- Mark D Siljander: (Rep-R-Michigan, 1981- ).
- Matthew Engel: English journalist and author.
- Yasumasa Morimura: Japanese painter and photographer.
- New York Times reports the NYC subway will auction off things found
- Mozambique becomes an overseas province of Portugal.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 June 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I'm In Love Again - April Stevens (Henri Rene Orchestra)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?