Saturday 11 June 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
Lady and the Tramp, directed by Clyde Geronimi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1955!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1955 ?
- Yuriy Sedykh: Ukrainian hammer thrower.
- Duncan Steel: English-Australian astronomer and author.
- Pierre Blaise: French film actor, best known for the role of Lucien Lacombe in Louis Malle's 1974 film Lacombe, Lucien.
- Tony Allcock: Bowler.
- 1st magnesium jet airplane flies
- 87th Belmont: Eddie Arcaro aboard Nashua wins in 2:29
- Le Mans race car accident kills 83 spectators (race continues)
- Eighty-three are killed and at least 100 are injured after an Austin-Healey and a Mercedes-Benz collide at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the deadliest ever accident in motorsports.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Fess Parker - Ballad Of Davy Crockett
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?