Monday 11 June 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Steven A Cohen and Joe Montana.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Locomotive Chase, directed by Francis Lyon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Rosemary Clooney Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1956 ?
- Steven A Cohen: American hedge fund manager.
- Joe Montana: American football quarterback who led the San Francisco '49ers to a Super Bowl XIX championship on 1/20/1985.
- Steven Cohen: American businessman founded SAC Capital Advisors.
- Simon Plouffe: Canadian mathematician and academic.
- Arthur Porter: Canadian physician and academic (d. 2015).
- Start of Gal Oya riots, the first reported ethnic riots that target minority Sri Lankan Tamils in the Eastern Province. The total number of deaths is reportedly 150.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?