Thursday 11 June 1959
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Nun's Story, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1959!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1959 ?
- Magnum TA: American wrestler and sportscaster.
- Hugh Laurie: English actor, comedian, writer, musician, and director.
- US Postmaster General bans D.H. Lawrence's book Lady Chatterley's Lover.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- Edward Byrnes - Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)
- The Impalas - Sorry (I Ran All The Way Home)
- Franck Pourcel's French Fiddles - Only You
- Dave Baby Cortez - The Happy Organ
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?