Thursday 11 June 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Chapel Of Love by The Dixie Cups.
In UK You're My World by Cilla Black was in the top 5 hits.
Zulu, directed by Cy Endfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1964!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1964 ?
- Kim Gallagher: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- 800m runner (1984 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Carl Barron: Comedian.
- Jean Alesi: Italian-French race car driver.
- Chicago police break up Rolling Stones press conference
- Manfred Mann record Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Queen Elizabeth orders Beatles to her birthday party, they attend
- West Germany seeks talks with Czechoslovakia
- World War II veteran Walter Seifert runs amok in an elementary school in Cologne, Germany, killing at least eight children and two teachers and seriously injuring several more with a home-made flamethrower and a lance.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
- Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas - Little Children
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- Barbra Streisand - People
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?