Wednesday 11 June 1969
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Get Back by The Beatles.
In UK The Ballad Of John And Yoko by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Wild Bunch, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1969!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1969 ?
- Steven Drozd: American singer-songwriter and actor (The Flaming Lips).
- Bryan Fogarty: Canadian professional ice hockey player (d. 2002).
- Olaf Kapagiannidis: German footballer.
- Matt McGrath: American actor.
- Kip Miller: American ice hockey player.
- Sergei Yuran: Ukrainian footballer and manager
- Peter Dinklage: American actor
- Johan Hansma: Soccer player (SC Heerenveen)
- Nancy Blogg: Switzerland -- Dancer (Josephine)
- John L Lewis: formed Congress of Industrial Organizations, dies at age 89.
- The Ballad Of John andYoko by The Beatles hit #1 in the UK
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Get Back
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
- Elvis Presley - In The Ghetto
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- Mercy - Love (Can Make You Happy)
- The Friends Of Distinction - Grazing In The Grass
- The Edwin Hawkins Singers - Oh Happy Day
- Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
- The Guess Who - These Eyes
- Three Dog Night - One
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?