Friday 11 June 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Want Ads by The Honey Cone.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Death in Venice, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1971!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1971 ?
- Dion Foxx: NFL linebacker (Miami Dolphins).
- Duane Dmytryshyn: CFL receiver (Toronto Argonauts).
- Vladimir Gaidamașciuc: Moldovan footballer.
- US ends ban on China trade
- US and Japan sign accord to return Okinawa to Japan
- Neville Bonner becomes the first Indigenous Australian to sit in the Australian Parliament.
- Vietnam War: The ''New York Times'' begins to publish the Pentagon Papers.
- Gijs van Lennep wins the 24 hours of Le Mans together with Helmut Marko.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- The Partridge Family - I'll Meet You Halfway
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?