Sunday 11 June 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Candy Man by Sammy Davis Jr..
In UK Vincent by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Deep Throat, directed by Jerry Gerard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1972!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1972 ?
- Stephen Kearney: New Zealand rugby league player and coach.
- Andrew Peterson: NFL tackle (Green Bay Packers, Carolina Panthers).
- 18th LPGA Championship won by Kathy Ahern
- KPAT-AM in Berkeley CA returns from KRE
- The Eltham Well Hall rail crash, caused by an intoxicated train driver, kills six people and injures 126.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Gallery - Nice To Be With You
- Dr. Hook - Sylvia's Mother
- Cat Stevens - Morning Has Broken
- The 5th Dimension - (Last Night) I Didn't Get To Sleep At All
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?