Tuesday 11 June 1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Billy, Don't Be A Hero by Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods.
In UK The Streak by Ray Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Uptown Saturday Night, directed by Sidney Poitier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1974!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1974 ?
- Emilee Klein: Santa Monica, California -- LPGA golfer (1995 SAFECO Classic-2nd).
- Tanya Pogatchnik: Miss Montana USA (1996).
- Didier Laloy: Belgian accordeonist.
- Fragiskos Alvertis: Greek basketball player coach and manager.
- Tatiana Ignatieva: Minsk, Belarus -- Tennis star (1994 Futures-Sopot POL).
- David Starie: English boxer
- Bundy victim Georgann Hawkins disappears from UW, Seattle, Washington
- Georgann Hawkins disappears from University of Washington, Seattle, Washington (Ted Bundy victim).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- The O'Jays - For The Love Of Money
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?