Saturday 11 June 1977
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to I'm Your Boogie Man by KC and the Sunshine Band.
In UK Lucille by Kenny Rogers was in the top 5 hits.
Exorcist II: The Heretic, directed by John Boorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Falconer by John Cheever was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1977!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1977 ?
- Mami Higashiyama: Japanese actress and singer.
- Shane Meier: Canadian-American actor.
- Geoff Ogilvy: Australian golfer.
- Richard Williams: English racing driver.
- Ryan Dunn: American actor.
- Dance & Shake Your Tambourine by Universal Robot Band peaks at #93
- I Need A Man by Grace Jones peaks at #83
- Lonely Boy by Andrew Gold peaks at #7
- The Pretender by Jackson Browne peaks at #58
- Watch Closely Now by Kris Kristofferson peaks at #52
- 109th Belmont: Jean Cruguet aboard Seattle Slew wins in 2:29.6
- ELO releases Telephone Line
- Dutch marines rescue hostages from a Moluccan held train in Holland.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- KC and the Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man
- Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
- Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)
- Foreigner - Feels Like The First Time
- Kenny Rogers - Lucille
- Andrew Gold - Lonely Boy
- Alan O'Day - Undercover Angel
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- Climax Blues Band - Couldn't Get It Right
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?