Monday 11 June 1990
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christophe LeMaitre and Sherina Munaf.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to It Must Have Been Love by Roxette.
In UK World In Motion by Englandneworder was in the top 5 hits.
Gremlins 2: The New Batch, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Stand by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Set of Six.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Captain Skyhawk or Creatures.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1990!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1990 ?
- Christophe LeMaitre: French track and field athlete, European champion in the 100 and 200 metre races, he holds the French record for the 100m, with a finish time of 9.97 seconds (first Caucasian under 10 sec).
- Sherina Munaf: Indonesian singer-songwriter and actress.
- Clyde McCoy: Jazz trumpeter (wah wah sound), dies at 86.
- Federal judge sentenced former national security adviser John M Poindexter to 6 months for making false statements to Congress
- Nolan Ryan pitches his 6th no-hitter beating Oakland, in 9th he retires Ken Phelps, Rickey Henderson and Willie Randolph (all ex Yanks)
- Supreme Court says law prohibiting desecration of US flag unconstitut
- UN appoints Olivia Newton-John environmental ambassador
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?