Monday 11 June 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
Inseparable, directed by Dayyan Eng, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gravity Falls.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 99 Spirits or Dragon Ball Z: For Kinect.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 2012!
Which were the important events of 11 June 2012 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 June
- Arab Spring:
- Bahraini uprising: An 11-year-old child is released after weeks in detention, but still faces being put on trial for ampquotjoining an illegal gatheringampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- Syrian uprising: Heavy fighting is reported overnight in the Damascus suburb of al-Abbaseen between Syrian government forces and the Free Syrian Army. (''Al-Arabiya'')
- Five people are killed after an ambulance hits a roadside bomb in Sar-e-Pul Province. (AP via Google News)
- Mexican Drug War:
- Margarito Genchi Casiano, a politician of the Party of the Democratic Revolution, is gunned down in the southern state of Guerrero. (Fox News)
- Researchers uncover direct links between the Flame and Stuxnet cyber-attacks on Iran, saying the attackers worked together on both at early stages of each threat's development. (BBC)
- Twenty three people are killed in an attack on two villages in northern Nigeria. (BBC)
- The size of the Nobel Prize is being reduced by 20% in order to avoid an undermining of its capital in a long-term perspective. (BBC)
- After six years, Google reaches a deal with a publishing group that opposed its scanning and publishing of books online. (BBC)
- Madonna exposes her right breast on stage in Istanbul. (''Irish Independent'')
- Lady Gaga suffers a concussion after smacking her head with a pole during a show in New Zealand. (MTV)
- A pan-Arab satellite television channel, Al Mayadeen (ampquotThe Squaresampquot in Arabic), is launched in Lebanon that is speculated to be a mouthpiece for Iran and Hezbollah. (AP via AJC)
- Dangote Cement opens a new line of production at its Obajana facility in the Kogi State, making the plant largets in Sub-Sahara Africa and one of the largest in the world. (AFP)
- Burma declares a state of emergency after several people are killed in sectarian violence between Buddhists and Muslims (''The Guardian'')
- More than 80 people die in a landslide triggered by two earthquakes in Afghanistan an entire village is buried. (BBC)
- More than 170,000 houses are left without without power in south-western Western Australia after winds up to 140 km/h batter the region. (WA Today)
- Flooding hits large parts of England and Wales. (''The Guardian'')
- Somalia–United States relations:
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?