Friday 11 March 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Raymond Jackson [Jaki] and Ron Todd.
The Beloved Rogue, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 1927!
Which were the important events of 11 March 1927 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
- Raymond Jackson [Jaki]: British cartoonist.
- Ron Todd: British trade unionist.
- Alan Betts: emeritus professor (Royal Veterinary College).
- Mario Baroni: Italian cyclist who competed in the Tour de France in the 1950s.
- Joachim Fuchsberger: German actor, television host, lyricist and businessman best known to a wide German-speaking audience as one of the recurring actors in various Edgar Wallace movies (always playing one of the good guys, often a Detective Inspector with Scotland Yard).
- Jacques Dominati: Ajaccio Politician
- Freda Meissner-Blau: Australian activist and politician (d. 2015)
- Robert Mosbacher: American sailor businessman and politician 25th United States Secretary of Commerce (d. 2010)
- Josep Subirachs: Spanish sculptor and painter (d. 2014)
- 1st armored commercial car hold-up in US, Pittsburgh
- 1st golden gloves tournament
- First armored commercial car hold-up in US, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Samuel Roxy Rothafel opens famous Roxy Theater (New York City, New York).
- In New York City, Samuel Roxy Rothafel opens the Roxy Theatre.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?