Tuesday 11 March 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Pinkerton and Ghazi Mashal Ajil al-Yawer.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Don't by Elvis Presley.
In UK Magic Moments by Perry Como was in the top 5 hits.
The Brothers Karamazov, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stahlnetz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 1958!
Which were the important events of 11 March 1958 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
- Jim Pinkerton: American pundit.
- Ghazi Mashal Ajil al-Yawer: interim President of Iraq.
- Anissa Jones: Actress (Buffy-Family Affair), ODs at 18.
- Ian Horrocks: English computer scientist and academic.
- Eddie Lawson: American motorcycle racer.
- Tetsurō Oda: Japanese singer-songwriter and producer
- James Pinkerton: American journalist and author
- Flemming Rose: Danish journalist and author
- Ole Kirk Christiansen: Danish inventor of Legos (Born 1891).
- Charles Van Doren finally loses on TV game show 21
- Starting this season, American League batters are required to wear batting helmets.
- A U.S. B-47 bomber accidentally drops an atom bomb on Mars Bluff, South Carolina. Without a fissile warhead, its conventional explosives destroy a house and injure several people.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 March 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?