Tuesday 11 March 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Don't by Elvis Presley.
In UK Magic Moments by Perry Como was in the top 5 hits.
The Brothers Karamazov, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 1958!
Which were the important events of 11 March 1958 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
- Jim Pinkerton: American pundit.
- Ghazi Mashal Ajil al-Yawer: interim President of Iraq.
- Anissa Jones: Actress (Buffy-Family Affair), ODs at 18.
- Ian Horrocks: English computer scientist and academic.
- Eddie Lawson: American motorcycle racer.
- Tetsurō Oda: Japanese singer-songwriter and producer
- James Pinkerton: American journalist and author
- Flemming Rose: Danish journalist and author
- Ole Kirk Christiansen: Danish inventor of Legos (Born 1891).
- Charles Van Doren finally loses on TV game show 21
- Starting this season, American League batters are required to wear batting helmets.
- A U.S. B-47 bomber accidentally drops an atom bomb on Mars Bluff, South Carolina. Without a fissile warhead, its conventional explosives destroy a house and injure several people.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?