Sunday 11 March 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Woods and Peter Berg.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Hey! Baby by Bruce Channel.
In UK Can't Help Falling In Love / Rock-A-Hula Baby by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Through a Glass Darkly, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Benny Hill.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 1962!
Which were the important events of 11 March 1962 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
- Barbara Woods: Movie Actress.
- Peter Berg: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Mary Gauthier: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Matt Mead: American lawyer and politician 32nd Governor of Wyoming.
- Jeffrey Nordling: American actor.
- Peeter Sauter: Estonian author and actor
- Will Vesper: German Author (Tristan und Isolde), dies at 79.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- Connie Francis - Don't Break The Heart That Loves You
- The Sensations - Let Me In
- The Everly Brothers - Crying In The Rain
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- James Darren - Her Royal Majesty
- Dion - The Wanderer
- Don & Juan - What's Your Name
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?