Saturday 11 March 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Houlder in Thunder Bay and John Barrowman.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love Is Here And Now You're Gone by The Supremes.
In UK Release Me by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Chimes at Midnight, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 1967!
Which were the important events of 11 March 1967 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
- Bill Houlder in Thunder Bay: Ontario, Canada; NHL defenseman (Tampa Bay Lightning).
- John Barrowman: Scottish-American versatile actor of stage, West End musicals, TV children's shows and U.S.
- Brad Carson: American lawyer and politician United States Under Secretary of the Army.
- Renzo Gracie: Brazilian-American mixed martial artist and trainer.
- Gary Wolfe: American wrestler and radio host.
- Geraldine Farrar: American singer with a powerful operatic voice, a lyric soprano.
- Pink Floyd rock group releases their first song ("Arnold Layne").
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
- The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
- Johnny Rivers - Baby I Need Your Lovin'
- The Buckinghams - Kind Of A Drag
- The Beatles - Penny Lane
- The Casinos - Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye
- Mitch Ryder - Sock It To Me - Baby!
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- Ed Ames - My Cup Runneth Over
- The Mama's & The Papa's - Dedicated To The One I Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?